What is Kerala Iyers Trust ?
KIT is a 100% volunteer run initiative aimed at providing financial support to members of the community who are struggling to meet needs in:
- Medical Treatment, and
- Sustenance to elderly destitute persons.
Established in 2001-02, KIT is registered under Charitable Trust Act (1950) in India. KIT has ZERO Expenses - 100% of the funds go to beneficiaries, who are vetted by a thorough process by independent Volunteers. KIT started in 2001, as part of the Pattars yahoogroups, has now adapted with time – operates faster through WhatsApp and Facebook.
How does KIT work ?
An appeal can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We further encourage all appeals to be mailed to the KIT address mentioned below, alongwith supporting documents & Aadhar card copy.
- Step 1: On receipt of an appeal, KIT managing team reaches out to the volunteers living near the location of the intended beneficiary.
- Step 2: The volunteer visits the family to personally assess and gather first-hand information. Based on the visit, the volunteer provides a detailed Field Visit Report to KIT.
- Step 3: The appeal & the report are assessed by the 5-member KIT Executive Committee to decide whether to support and the quantum.
- Step 4: The decision is shared with the KIT Donor group and any willing person can contribute to any of the approved cases. KIT has a bank account with Bank of Baroda, per details given below.
- Step 5: Conforming to the law, KIT keeps a record of all the donations, donors, and the beneficiaries.
- Step 6. KIT accounts are audited annually by a CA and submitted to Charitable Trusts Commissioner.
Donors to KIT can claim Income Tax exemption in India, under Section 80G.
KIT is run by like-minded individuals intending to catalyze a socio-economic change in our community.
Kerala Iyers Trust,
431, 12th Cross, E-Main, Ideal Homes, Raja Rajeswari Nagar, Bangalore 560098
E-mail: email@example.com | WhatsApp (no calls): +91 96066 02696
Bank Account Name: Kerala Iyers Trust
Savings Account: 24140100004015
IFSC Code: BARB0RAJBAN (Fifth character is a ZERO and not an O)
Bank of Baroda, Raja Rajeshwari Nagar Branch, 874, 2nd cross, 9th main, 4th stage, Bangalore 560098